We are the Experts in ADA Paths, Trails, Golf Cart Paths, and Roads.
Enviroseal Soil Stabilizer products are unconditionally GUARANTEED for 5 years when installed to our specifications!
Our first success was done in July of 1997 with the ADA running path at Central Park, New York City. This is approximately a two mile running path that draws an average of 5,000
runners per day. It is arguably the most used trail in the USA. After 12 1/2 years of use that adds up to over 25,000,000 runners and no repairs other than raking and snow removal. This trail is in full compliance with the ADA regulations. We have perfected the design
of ADA trails that has now been adopted by most States, and Italy for their Winter Olympics
The ADA running trail / ADA pathways are designed to do the following:
A CD is now available showing costs and will answer your many questions. Please Email
us at ADA sales with your address and contact details and we will send this information promptly. You will see how the Enviroseal
System can benefit your group, or public requirements.
The photos listed below are a few of our recent accomplishments around the world. The pictures below are installation procedures and final results. This installation was done in July of 1997 for the Central Park ADA Running path. Now in the year 2009, very little maintenance, and over 25,000,000 runners (that is an average of 5,000 users per day) have enjoyed this premier project. Indications are that the life of this trail will be at least (15) fifteen years.
These photos below were taken at the Town of Aosta, in the Italian Alps in August of 2002 The Enviroseal System will be replacing the Granite blocks that had been previously used with a cost savings of about 75%. Our distributor found out as well as the Olympic Committee there, that they could put in these trails much more quickly and far more economically. This alone will help to save a major part of their construction budget. This is an important factor to consider in these days of limited project funding. The photo to the far right is the type of terrain that many of the ski and access trails will be constructed with grades many times in excess of 10%..
In October / November of 2002 Our distributor, Enviroseal of Washington sold and installed a 2 1/2 mile ADA designed running path bordering the New Deschutes Parkway. This running path is used around the State Capital Complex in Olympia. The following photos show the ease of installation and the general topography of the area.
An ADA Designed Trail built in the Summer of 2006 at the Cahaba River, Alabama: The initial trail was built along the Cahaba River which is national SCENIC RIVER SITE. Much care had to be given to preventing pollution of the river and in keeping the natural scenery. This project has been so successful that the town now has planned to complete this 16 mile project.
ADA Golf Cart Paths: The use of this technology is being now used far and wide for Landscape Architects and Golf Course Design companies in order to achieve the natural look around their pathways and gardens. Their ability to use natural stone and colored aggregate brings a more durable natural appearance to their designs.
ENVIROSEAL (5) FIVE YEAR WARRANTY: We have a very simple warranty, plainly explained as follows: Our trail material M10+50, is unconditionally warranted against failure for (5) five years from time of installation. If your trail is constructed as we instruct with the proper materials and it fails DURING THESE FIVE YEARS, we will replace the product at no cost to the owner.
ENVIROSEAL CORPORATION'S ADA TRAIL AND ADA PATHWAY SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A PATH OR WALK WAY THAT WILL PROVIDE YEARS OF VERY LOW MAINTENANCE / SERVICE
PART 1 - TRAIL / PATH SPECIFICATIONS
1.1 STONE MIX MATERIAL -CRUSHED STONE SCREENINGS
Crushed trap rock or equal, made of hard, durable, sharp edged rock fragments, free from dirt, organic, or other deleterious matter. Percentages are measured by weight of dry aggregate. The material should conform to the following SAE requirements
Example of screenings
|Sieve Size||Percent Passing|
|1/2 Inch (12.5 mm)||90-100|
|3/8 Inch (9.5 mm)||75-90|
|1/4 Inch (6.3 mm)||60-75|
|No. 30 (600 Um)||60-40|
|No. 100 (150 Um)||20-40|
|No. 200 (75 Um)||10-20|
The content and uniformity of the stone mix is an Important factor to ensure overall quality and end results
Total Depth: Six inches of un-compacted stone mix is placed in construction area. Wood or steel edging should be used for definition of the pathway. The un-compacted stone mix should be graded and sloped to allow for drainage.
1.2 ENVIROSEAL MIX M10+50
1. Determination of Enviroseal M10+50: The minimum amount of M-10+50™ to be used is six (6) gallons per cubic yard of stone mix. All stone mix materials must be tested at various dosage rates to determine proper application rates that are based on the stone mix being used. Suggested dosage rates vary from six (6) to ten (10) gallons per cubic yard.
Please send a minimum (5) five pound sample of your chosen stone for our lab to determine the best mix ratios.
2. Calculation of water: The water addition to use with the M-10+50 is the difference between in-situ moisture content of the stone mix and optimum moisture content required for compaction as evidenced by the dry density weight of the stone mix.
3. Mixing M-10+50/Water with Stone Mix: Four inches of stone mix is blended with M-10+50 pre-blended with water allowing two inches of stone mix on the bottom Blending the M-10+50 and water mixture is best completed using a soil mixer or tiller to thoroughly blend the stone mix with the M-10+50 and water mix.
4. Compaction of Surface: Use of a 3 to 5 ton double drum vibratory compactor or roller sufficient in size to effectively compact the depth of treated surface.
5. Top Coat Sealing: After approximately one hour has lapsed, a topical application is required. Apply topcoat uniformly until pathway is complete saturated. Additional top coat applications may be necessary.
6. Appearance: M-10+50 is clear, natural in appearance, non-toxic, odorless and environmentally safe.
7. Standards: M-10+50 complies with ASTM and EPA Standards and Regulations
8. Approvals: M-10+50 is approved for making ADA trails as listed by The National Center of Accessibility (NCA)
1.3 SOURCE QUALITY CONTROL
1. Section 01400 - Quality Control: Source testing and analysis of aggregate material.
2. If test indicates materials do not meet specified requirements change material or material Source and re-test.
3. Provide materials of each type from same source throughout the Work.
PART 2 EXECUTION
1. Verify trail base conditions under provisions of local specification.
2. Verify gradients and elevations of base are correct.
3. Do not prepare or Install material during, prior to, or immediately following rainfall; or when temp is 45 degrees F and falling.
1. If existing an aggregate surface is to remain, grade the existing material so that an even layer of new material is placed over the entire area then mix the two together so that a uniform mix is obtained and conforms to the suggested approved criteria as in the above sieve analysis.
Our product information is made readily available to you! Please click a link below to begin your download. Files require Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf format) and can be printed from their original layout.
1019 Holbrook Ct.
Port St. Lucie, FL. 34952
International Calls: (772) 335-8225
Toll Free: (800) 775-9474